Our Commitment to you about your personal information
A Guide to the use of your personal data by Talk Loans, it’s panel of Providers (Lenders) and Credit Reference and Fraud Prevention Agencies
Important – Your Personal Information
Talk Loans will, with your permission, introduce you to one or more providers of credit or other products. These providers may use credit reference and fraud prevention agencies to help them make decisions. A short guide to what we do and how we our partners and credit reference and fraud prevention agencies will use your information is detailed in the section called: A condensed guide to the use of your personal information by ourselves and at Credit Reference and Fraud Prevention Agencies.
The information we collect is also used to contact consumers for marketing purposes; it is disclosed by us when legally required to do so at the request of government authorities conducting an investigation; we also use it to verify or enforce compliance with the policies governing our web site and applicable laws or to protect against misuse or unauthorised use of our web site.
A condensed guide to the use of your personal information by ourselves, our partners and at Credit Reference and Fraud Prevention Agencies
1. When you apply to us Talk Loans or one or more of our partners may check the following records about you and others:
o Our/their own;
o those at credit reference agencies (CRAs). When CRAs receive a search from us/them they will place a search footprint on your credit file that may be seen by other lenders. CRAs supply both public (including the electoral register) and shared credit and fraud prevention information.
o those at fraud prevention agencies (FPAs).
Talk Loans and our partners may make checks such as; assessing your application for credit and verifying identities to prevent and detect crime and money laundering.
Please note that as a condition of extending credit, some lenders you may be matched with may run a credit check from a major credit-reporting bureau.
- If false or inaccurate information is provided, including in relation to a person’s identity, and fraud is identified, details about this information, including customer Personal Data, will be passed to fraud prevention agencies. Law enforcement agencies may access and use this information. The provider and other organisations may also access and use this information to prevent fraud and money laundering, for example when: checking details on applications for credit and credit-related accounts and other facilities; managing credit and credit-related accounts or other facilities; recovering debt; checking details on proposals and claims for all types of insurance; and checking details of job applicants and employees.
- Your data may also be used for other purposes for which you give your specific permission or, in very limited circumstances, when required by law or where permitted under the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998.
- Information that you give us will be used to tell you about loans and other products available from our selected panel of provider(s). Information that we obtain about you from you and others may be used by us and/or shared with other companies in the same group as us, introducers and third parties and/or to contact you by letter, telephone, fax, email, SMS or other means.
- Information held about you by the Credit Reference Agencies may already be linked to records relating to you partner(s). For the purposes of thisapplication you and your partner(s) are financially independent and you request that your application be assessed without reference to any ‘associated’ records, although you recognise that this may adversely affect the outcome of your application. You believe that there is no information relating to your partner(s) that is likely to affect our willingness to offer financial service to you. You authorise us to check the validity of this declaration with Credit Reference Agencies and if we discover any associated records, which would affect the accuracy of this declaration we may decide not to proceed with the application on this basis.
How to find out more
You can contact the CRAs currently operating in the UK; the information they hold may not be the same so it is worth contacting them all. They will charge you a small statutory fee.
CallCredit, Consumer Services Team, PO Box 491, Leeds, LS3 1WZ or call 0870 0601414
Equifax PLC, Credit File Advice Centre, PO Box 3001, Bradford, BD1 5US or call 0870 010 0583 or log on to www.equifax.co.uk
Experian, Consumer Help Service, PO Box 8000, Nottingham NG80 7WF or call 0844 481 8000 or log on to www.experian.co.uk.
Teletrack UK Limited, 6th Floor (South Tower), 26 Elmfield Road, Bromley, Kent BR1 1WA
Notification of changes
If we wish to use personally identifiable information about you that you have given to us in a way that is different to that stated at the time we collected it, we will email you to ask your permission if we have an email address for you unless you have opted out of us communicating with you by email.
We will not use your personal information in any way unless you have agreed that we can use it in that way.
If we make any material changes in our privacy practices that do not affect personally identifiable information held by us we will post a notice on our web site notifying users of the change.
If you call us or we call you by telephone the call may be recorded for monitoring and staff training purposes. Recordings will only be used under proper and careful supervision.
You can expect us to be prompt, efficient and friendly when dealing with you. Our aim is to provide you with a world class, professional and confidential service.
Occasionally things may go wrong, or we may not live up to your (or our expectations). If that happens we’d like to know about it. So, if you have a complaint about any aspect of the service you have received from us our staff will be happy to help resolve your concerns.
Please bring your concerns to our attention as soon as possible – the sooner we know about it the sooner that we can resolve it.
We have formal complaints procedures to ensure that your complaint is handled quickly, fairly and efficiently – a leaflet with details of this process is available on request.
Your complaint (whether received by telephone, letter, e-mail or fax) will be looked into by one of our senior managers within the company.
We will tell you if we need information from someone else to help us look into your complaint and, where necessary, we will get your written approval before seeking information for others in connection with your complaint.
For further information, or to make a complaint, please use the Contact Us page
If we are unable to resolve your complaint to your satisfaction you may have the right to refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service. Our staff will assist you with this.
Financial Ombudsman Service
South Quay Plaza
183 Marsh Wall
Tel: 0845 080 1800
Web site: www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk