Who We Are
Talk Loans is a trading style of Butler Westbury Ltd which is authorised and registered with the Financial Conduct Authority as a credit broker – Firm reference 625156, registered in England and Wales, Company No 9035270, and with a registered office address of 146 Drayton High Road, Drayton, Norwich Norfolk, NR8 6AN.
Butler Westbury Limited (We/Us) controls any information which you provide on this website and is registered as a Data Controller with the Information Commissioner’s Office under reference number ZA090336.
Our Commitment To You About Your Personal Information
We will collect and process your personal data based on our legitimate commercial interests to find you a loan once you have made an application with us (either directly to us, or to one of our partners where we are named as a potential processor of your data). If you wish to ask about how we process your personal data you can contact us via email at email@example.com or call us on 01603 391127.
We are a guarantor loan brokerage. We will use your data to try to get a guarantor loan from one of our panel of lenders. At all times, your data will only be used for the purposes of obtaining a guarantor loan.
Collecting, Verifying And Storing Your Personal Information
Talk Loans – Online
We will either have received your data and the data relating to your application / guarantor from a third party introducer, or you will have input your information directly onto our website. In either case, your application details will be held on file for the purposes of processing the application, for transmission to one or more partners – with your permission, for analytical purposes and for future remarketing – where you have given us specific permission.
Talk Loans – Call Centre
If you call us, or we call, you the call may be recorded for monitoring and staff training purposes. Recordings will only be used under proper and careful supervision.
We may collect additional data relating to you and any guarantor on this application and the details will be held on file for the purposes of processing the application, for transmission to one or more partners, for analytical purposes and – where you have given us specific permission -for future remarketing.
Verifying information and storing details
We use a variety of systems and 3rd parties to securely store and verify application information in line with our Data Protection Policy. These parties are used to help us process you application as speedily as possible. None of these companies will contact you directly or use your details in any way other than as described to assist with this application:
Your data is always stored securely and never taken outside of the EU or released to third parties without suitable security standards. We will potentially retain your personal details for up to 6 years after initially receiving them. In some cases we will keep some data for much less time (such as copies of documents) and / or where it is no longer relevant for us to retain them.
You can find out more about which companies we use to process your details at any time by contacting us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01603 391127.
Sharing Your Personal Information With Third Party Providers
Sharing your personal information with third party providers
Once an application is started completed online we may then pass your personal details to one or more partners to try to obtain a loan. Those partners may complete credit searches, suitability assessments and anti-fraud checks on both the applicant and the guarantor where required.
UK Credit Loans
Mindflow Marketing Ltd
Our partners may attempt to contact both the applicant and the guarantor where required by phone, email, text or letter to finalise the application and any subsequent offer they can make. They will also keep us up to date with the progress of the application including sharing with us communications sent out, underwriting requirements (such as supporting documents needed), general progress updates and application specific information regarding either the applicant or the guarantor where required to allow us to assist with the progress of the application.
Updating Our Partners
We also share non personally identifiable information with our partners regarding the progress of applications. This may be an introducing partner or broker who passed us your application or:
You have certain rights under the data protection act and from 25th May 2018, the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR).
These rights include (but are not limited to):
- The right to be informed
- The right of access
- We have a specific policy for individuals wishing to make a Subject Access Request to find out what details we hold on file and who we have shared those details with.
- The right of rectification
- We will happily update and amend application information throughout our processes. If however you subsequently wish us to rectify information you believe we have on file incorrectly please contact us.
- The right to restrict processing
- If you have given permission for us to process your data, but no longer wish us to do so, you can request that we stop processing. If we are processing your application with one or more lenders we will also request that they stop processing.
- The right to object to processing
- If you wish to object to us processing your data, please contact us immediately using the details below.
- The Right of Erasure
- In some circumstances, if you have provided your information but no longer want us to store it you can request that we erasure your data. If you wish to make a request please contact us.
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
- We do not use automated decision making as part of our services.
- Right to data portability
- We do not use automated processing as part of our services.
Should you wish to talk to us about any of these rights, please email email@example.com or call us on 01603 391127.
If you are unsatisfied with a response from us relating to one of your rights, you may be able to make a complaint to the Information Commissioners Office. We can provide you with these details upon request.
Credit Searches, Identify Checks and Anti Fraud checks
We do not complete credit searches but do use other systems to check the accuracy of data provided during an application.. However, when you apply to us one or more of our partners may check the following records about you and others:
- on their own databases;
- those at credit reference agencies (CRAs). When CRAs receive a search request from the lender(s) they will place a search footprint on your credit file that may be seen by other lenders. CRAs supply both public (including the electoral register) and shared credit and fraud prevention information.
- those at fraud prevention agencies (FPAs).
- This may include income verification and ID verification
We and our partners may make checks such as; assessing your application for credit and verifying identities to prevent and detect crime and money laundering
- If false or inaccurate information is provided, including in relation to a person’s identity, and fraud is identified, details about this information, including customer personal data, may be passed to fraud prevention agencies. Law enforcement agencies may access and use this information. The provider and other organisations may also access and use this information to prevent fraud and money laundering, for example when: checking details on applications for credit and credit-related accounts and other facilities; managing credit and credit-related accounts or other facilities; recovering debt; checking details on proposals and claims for all types of insurance; and checking details of job applicants and employees.
- Information held about you by credit reference agencies may already be linked to third parties (such as a spouse or partner). The lenders may consider any associated records as part of their decision making process.
How to find out more about Credit Reference Agencies
You can contact the CRAs currently operating in the UK; the information they hold may not be the same so it is worth contacting them all. They may charge you a small statutory fee.
CallCredit, Consumer Services Team, PO Box 491, Leeds, LS3 1WZ or call 0870 0601414
Equifax PLC, Credit File Advice Centre, PO Box 3001, Bradford, BD1 5US or call 0870 010 0583 or log on to www.equifax.co.uk
Experian, Consumer Help Service, PO Box 8000, Nottingham NG80 7WF or call 0844 481 8000 or log on to www.experian.co.uk.
Remarketing To You In The Future
Where you have given us explicit permission to do so we may contact you in the future with relevant offers and updates. It is your decision as to whether you wish to ‘opt in’ to marketing by email or SMS or both. If you do not choose to ‘opt in’ we will not remarket to you. There is no negative impact on your application if you choose not to opt in to future marketing.
If you have chosen to ‘opt in’ and subsequently no longer wish to receive marketing communications from us you can use the unsubscribe option in each communication we send, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 01603 391127.
We do not sell or share your data with 3rd parties for future remarketing purposes.
Notification Of Changes
If we wish to use personally identifiable information about you that you have given to us in a way that is different to that stated at the time we collected it, we will email you to ask your permission if we have an email address for you unless you have opted out of us communicating with you by email.
We will not use your personal information in any way unless you have agreed that we can use it in that way.
If we make any material changes in our privacy practices that do not affect personally identifiable information held by us we will post a notice on our web site notifying users of the change.
WARNING: LATE REPAYMENT CAN CAUSE YOU SERIOUS MONEY PROBLEMS. FOR HELP GO TO MONEYADVICESERVICE.ORG.UK
Representative Example: Borrow £4,000 over 36 months. Monthly repayment of £194.78. Total repayable is £7012.08. Interest payable is £3012.08. Fixed APR of 49.7%. Interest rate of 41% per annum. Representative APR 49.7% (fixed).
Talk Loans is a trading style of Butler Westbury Limited Registered in England No 9035270. Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority Reference No. 625156. Registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office ZA090336. Registered office address: Unit 7, Beech Avenue Business Park, Beech Avenue, Taverham, Norwich, NR8 6HW